Monday, July 28, 2014

Broadway comes to Ravinia


Our family plans a Ravinia outing every summer and it's a tradition I look so forward to. I would eat outside every day if I could, so this is my ultimate setting and I couldn’t ask for anything more when it comes to the ambiance. I’ve never had a desire to sit in the pavilion because there’s something much more idyllic about packing a picnic, taking your shoes off in the grass and sharing the moment with thousands of other families and groups of friends. 

In previous years, we have seen Steely Dan, Kenny Loggins, Tony Bennett (my favorite!) and this year, an evening of Broadway music performed by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. It was a choice selected for my Dad, as we were celebrating his birthday and I think the best part was after we got all of our chairs and food set up, at the same time my Mom and Dad looked around us and said, “I’m really happy right now”…That’s all we could ask for.

Shorts: LOFT (similar) // T: LOFT (my FAVORITE T!)  // Sandals and Sunnies: Old Navy // Belt: Vintage 
 Hat and Bag: Fashion Q // Necklace: E Street Denim // Bracelet: LOFT







Have you ever been to Ravinia? What is your favorite summer concert location?

No comments:

Post a Comment