Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Back in Black + Feeling Thankful

 photo IMG_2840_zpstpkjul5c.jpg  photo IMG_2839_zps0gnhdrhs.jpg  photo IMG_2853_zpsdjzpvhmi.jpg

Wearing head to toe black is something I love doing. Having said that, I almost always have to bring in one accent color (yes, I still consider it to be all black even when I do this). In this outfit, it was all about the gold accessories. I added a large cuff on one arm and my boyfriend watch on the other. Next up was lots of gold rings, oversize round earrings, and a sequin clutch. To finish off my holiday look, I added a bright lip and camel colored wool trench coat.

I wore this outfit onThanksgiving Day. We are so fortunate to have such a large family when you combine both my husbands, and my side. Because of this, we do alternate yearly as to which party we attend. This year was spent at Kaitlyn's home and it was such a wonderful day! The decor was gorgeous, the food amazing, and it was so great seeing our family (new members and out-of-towners alike). I'm so glad we had that day to catch up! All the second cousins played together and it's just a beautiful thing to watch and see how much the family has grown over the past 11 years.

 photo IMG_2844_zpssfjv8i5b.jpg  photo IMG_2842_zps0tokcpkw.jpg  photo IMG_2845_zpspnbncome.jpg

I have so much to be thankful for this year. My family is happy and healthy and that is worth more to me then any amount of money or material object in the world. We do not have an easy road (who does?), but we are on this crazy ride together and there is no one else I'd rather go through life with.

There was also get loss for us this year. My family lost 3 very special women in a short span of 10 weeks. These women were amazing, strong, heads of the family, who had wonderful life stories to share, and such love they all brought to my life! I choose to try to remember all the great times I was blessed to have with each one of them this holiday season. Oh my goodness, Christmas is going to be hard...but I digress.  I think it's very important to be aware of all the great in your life at all times. It's so easy to think of your shortcomings, but there is always something to be grateful for...and this year thank goodness I remembered that!

 photo IMG_2849_zpsoocr1fqc.jpg  photo IMG_2852_zpsexdq5u58.jpg
Sweater: Boohoo (similar) // Jeans // Coat: Victoria's Secret (similar) // Earrings: House of Gemmes // Bag: ShopLately (similar) // Cuff: Coach (similar) // Watch // Ring // Lip Color (loved up)

What did you do for Thanksgiving this year? Do you ever add an accent color when styling all black looks?

Make sure you check back Friday for my post on how to get this hair style. It was seriously easy to execute, and I can't wait to share it with you! xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment