Friday, April 29, 2016

The Hems(worth) It


Let’s all just pause for a second and recognize this as the first Summer dress post of the season. Once you’ve officially joined me in my excitement, we can continue the good vibes because YES, those are the Lake Geneva tour boats behind me, making their 2016 debut. Every year I watch this infamous resort town brush the dirt off its surface and start to prepare for the return of the masses, yet I’m always in awe of how quickly the piers return to the water and the ice cream shops turn their closed signs around. 

As recently as one month ago, we were venturing out in our winter coats and snapping pictures of the very beautiful but isolated and frigid looking water. Then last weekend, I read my (current book chat) read on the pier, wearing nothing but a tank and SPF…let's just say this change is as welcome as it is swift. We enjoy our house all year long and make the most of each season but like most 20-something females, Summer is my jam and there’s no better place to experience it...

As for the dress, I love the high-low hem (a mullet, if you will) on this Bailey Blue style, plus the open back...this is just the right kind of dress to throw on for a quick dinner out (which is what I did on this lovely evening) or wear with sandals for a casual weekend activity. Clothes that double as cute AND simple earn extra points for me, especially in the Summer because my style tends be a little more relaxed and carefree. P.S. I think this dress may just show up again on July 4th...it's perfect, right?

We are so glad we partnered up with Bailey Blue because while the clothes are great, their story is even better. It's run by 3 sisters who started the company in the garage of their parents’ house and as it grew, they eventually moved into an LA loft. 12 years later, the Bailey Blue ladies have a team of 40 members, striving to bring women fashion at affordable prices. We love LOVE supporting other women pursuing their passions and these gals are doing an amazing job. Not to mention, we can't help but advocate for another team of sisters ;)

P.S. You can shop this dress and many similar ones using "SistersMarie30" for 30% off at check out!





Does anyone else get just as excited for the first warm weather clothes of the season?

Wearing: 

Dress: c/o Bailey Blue
Jacket: Kut from the Kloth
Purse: c/o Sole Society
Sunnies: c/o Ilymix
Sandals: LOFT, old (similar)
Necklace: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment