Thursday, July 7, 2016

Swim Suits & Gratitude


Guys, how is it already the 7th of July?! We anxiously awaited our annual 4th of July party for months and suddenly it's here and gone…and don't even get me started on what happened to the entire month of June. I know everyone feels this way every year but I just wish we could press pause for a few seconds on our favorite Summer moments. I've had many of them so far which include wine by the pier at sunset, a 5k with friends, biking withthe Family in Geneva and another feature in Lake & Country Magazine. But no matter how many things you have on your Summer list, I’m learning that an extra 2 minutes or even 2 days will not make it easier to fit it all in. You will still always wish for MORE time. 

When we’re up at the lake and packing to head home, I try to steal one last glance at all of my favorite things…one last look at the water, one last visit to the local coffee shop, one last nighttime chat on the patio…as if “one more” will make it easier to return to my routine. Because we can’t stop time, the only thing we can do is make the most of it and appreciate every second. My current motto? Take the time to do the things you love because in the end, you will not remember all the time spent in the office.

P.S. My one-piece swimsuit obsession continues...I wore this strappy style all weekend long but I wanted to add a few more to my collection, A) so I didn't wear that one out too quickly and B) because, hello? Variety! You guys know I searched high and low last month to find exactly what I had in mind (cutouts, fun colors, supportive but still sexy) so when I saw this Express suit was on sale, I wasted no time ordering it. It meets all my requirements and was a big hit over the 4th. Did I mention it's 40% off? DO NOT WAIT.









Wearing:

Dress: Old Navy (Old but similar style here)
Sandals: c/o Sole Society
Bag: c/o Sole Society (Sold out but similar here under $20!)
Swimsuit: Express (40% off!)
Scarf: Target
Sunnies: Target (Similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment