Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Styling a Button Down Denim Skirt


Sometimes trends from your past make a comeback and you cringe: First things that come to mind are birken stocks and platform sandals - Not to offend anyone who is rocking their comeback, I just can't support much of anything worn during the Spice Girls era.

On the other hand, some things you wore years ago return in a fresh, modern way. I remember a mini jean skirt I wore weekly in the Summer during high school. It had the perfect amount of stretch and uneven frayed edges, making me feel super cute on Summer nights (especially when paired with puka shells & halter tops...guys, that milkshake totally brought all the boys to my yard). 

However, as with many trends, that one eventually faded out and I hadn't worn a jean skirt since...until now, that is. I have been loving the look of midi jean skirts for Fall. This length is only awesome for cooler temperatures but also feels much more modern (and age-appropriate) than the jean mini (sorry A&F). I like the gold buttons and darker denim stripe on the bottom because it keeps it unique in a sea of similar styles. And P.S. the material is as soft as wearing pj’s instead of structured and rigid like so many styles of denim. 



SHOP THE POST!





Wearing:

Top: Old Navy (old but similar here)
Skirt: Jag Jeans
Shoes: Nine West via TJ Maxx (identical pair here)
Bag: c/o Sole Society (sold out but similar here)
Belt: Old
Sunnies: H&M
Lipstick: Glo Minerals -"Crimson"

No comments:

Post a Comment