Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Morning Routines




 Each morning my alarm goes off and within 60 seconds I am walking down the hallway to wake up my kiddos. I go to my daughters room first (she rises a bit slower) and after she promises me she will in fact open her eyes soon, I move on to my son's room. As soon as he hears me, he darts up (not unlike his mother) and says "I'm awake". In each of their rooms I open the blinds, turn off their fans, and make sure they have clothes already laid out for the day. Next stop coffee! As the coffee brews, I set up their breakfast before walking back upstairs, this time to tell them it's time for breakfast. This is when my daughter no doubt talks me into carrying her down for one reason or another. ;) 

Then it's coffee time. I sit in my rocking chair, the same chair I rocked my babies in, and sip my perfect cup of organic dark roast Joe with them in view. This is me time. For the next 25 minutes I can check (and post) my social media, news sites, and emails. After my coffee break, I have exactly 20 minutes to make sure two kids are dressed, have brushed their teeth, hair is done, plus I need too get myself ready. My go-to effortless look lately has been tops like this gorgeous one from J.Jill. It is not only beautiful and functional for everyday (or active wear), but it is also the softest thing I have ever put on my body!



I generally set out my outfit the night before, so mornings run smoothly and no one feels rushed. I run a tight ship and this way there is less room for error, or in my case, making the kiddos late to school. These skinny jeans are so affordable and I have had this pair for three years now. I love how the holes evolve over time. Toss on a great flat and blanket scarf and you are good to go with time to spare. 

I obviously had time this day to go back home and put on more of a face. I am dying for burgundy eye pallets and red lips right now! I met up with a fellow blogger and we got some outfits shot. What's the great part about being out mid-morning in an area with lots of local shops? MORE COFFEE! So we did a little work, stopped and had some yummy seasonal flavored coffee, and then got back to work. Sometimes morning routines are so nice you need to do them twice! 



 Top: c/o J.Jill // Scarf: Target (similar) // Jeans: Old Navy // Shoes: c/o J.Jill (similar) // Bag: JustFab // Sunglasses: Coach (similar) // Rings: c/o Park Lane Jewelry // Pom Pom Key Chain: T&J Designs (similar) // Lip Color: gloMinerals-Crimson

Photos by Cecilia Jean

What is your morning routine? Do you have go-to cozy items in your wardrobe that gets you happily through your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment