Monday, January 30, 2017

Maternity Monday: A Tiny Blessing


To say 2017 is a new adventure is a bit of an understatement. This past holiday season, my husband and I received the ultimate gift...something that didn't quite fit under the tree: We are having our first baby! We found out in early December so we decided to keep it a secret from our Families until Christmas Day, when they would open up a very special ornament with our first ultrasound. It's funny because I had actually been imagining that exact situation for a few months - In early Fall, I told Lisa how wonderful it would be to watch both sets of parents "unwrap our news" for Christmas but of course, I knew planning doesn't always work the way you want it to. In our case, we are very blessed that things fell into place perfectly and it made for such a magical holiday.
My husband and I are very excited about this new journey. We are due in July, a few days after our 4th wedding anniversary. I am so happy with our decision to wait a few years...from the beginning of our engagement, we were both on the same page when it came to having some time to ourselves before we expanded our Family. We were also in agreement that we wanted a puppy as soon as possible...we share a genuine love for dogs and knew we wanted to be responsible for a four-legged friend first. Fitz is truly such a sweet-natured dog so we feel good about making him a "big brother," knowing that he will be protective and loving of our tiny peanut. 
In terms of the blog, Lisa and I are so excited for the baby/Family content we have in store. We are starting a new, combined series to document some of the most important parts of motherhood. If it's me writing, you can look forward to "Maternity Monday" or if it's Lisa doing the post, you can count on "Mom Monday," centered around her two wonderful children. You can still expect to see all of the lifestyle content we already focus on with the expansion of a little more Family-related stories, tips & tricks. Stay tuned!

 
Making things even more exciting, is the fact that I'm sharing this time with two of my best friends. All THREE of us are due within a few weeks of each other, as WELL as two of my close cousins. I always imagined how great it would be to experience this roller coaster alongside some of your closest friends but you never know if you will be at the same place at the same time. Luckily, we are able to share all of our emotions, questions, feelings, and plans with each other, making the whole process a little more comforting.



On a semi-related note, can we talk about this dress? If all maternity clothes are going to be feel this good, I think I'm going to make it after all. I love that it's a maternity/nursing dress but I could and WOULD wear this anytime, as it will be just as flattering post-baby. It is important to me to feel as much like myself as possible throughout my pregnancy and this includes staying close to my personal style. Just because a lot of things are changing, doesn't mean my fashion sense has to...or at least, that's my plan. Even though leggings are already really comfortable at this point, I'm hoping to avoid the "leggings & hoodie" combo, at least on an everyday basis. 

I read about PinkBlush long before I was pregnant when I saw other future Mama's wearing styling their dresses and I remember thinking how much maternity clothes have changed (for the better).  I made a mental note of the brand so I could re-visit when I was pregnant and now that I own a few items, I can officially say, the clothes feel just as wonderful as they look. There are so many soft, feminine styles that not only dress your growing bump, but effortlessly adjust to motherhood and beyond. I will definitely be shopping their maternity dresses for my shower! 






Attention Fellow expecting Mama's! (& non-preggo fashionable ladies, this applies to you too!) 

I am so excited to announce our PinkBlush giveaway! Enter below to win $75 to add a gorgeous maternity (or non-maternity) piece to your closet for the Spring. There are so many beautiful pieces to choose from, I guarantee you could spend hours scouring this site. 
There are a few easy ways to win and the giveaway ends 2/3 so don't wait to enter! P.S. If you have already won a PinkBlush giveaway within the last 6 months, you will not be eligible to win again. Winners must wait 3 months before they are eligible to enter to win again. 


Good luck! Xo

Wearing: 

Dress: c/o PinkBlush
Purse: c/o Sole Society
Shoes: Just Fab
Hair Jewelry: Gift from Lisa - (similar under $15)


No comments:

Post a Comment