Tuesday, April 25, 2017

An Update on a Classic | Cabi Striped Trench


 Up until a few years ago, my coat closet always felt a little dejected..kind of like something was missing. It held tons of options including (multiple) denim jackets, a green utility jacket, numerous cropped leather styles, the dreaded Winter puffer and even a weather resistant wind breaker which saved me in Ireland. But it just never felt quite complete…until a lightweight, khaki colored trench hung on a hanger among the others. It was just right – sophisticated enough for work, classy enough for fancy nights out and stylish enough to dress up the most basic white t-shirt and jeans. 

When the weather allowed, I started wearing it with everything…that is until, the classic trench got a little competition from a new kid on the block -- the striped trench coat which made me wonder yet again where it has been all my life? The light trench is slightly pinched at the waist which offers a flattering cut and is outfitted with large navy buttons, so naturally I was automatically drawn to its nautical flair.  I'm also a huge sucker for navy and yellow together, so it only seemed natural to pair this with my favorite yellow Spring heels.


SHOP THE LOOK:






Wearing:

Jacket: c/o Cabi Clothing
Maternity T-shirt: Old Navy
Heels: c/o Sole Society (very similar)
Maternity Jeans: LOFT
Bag: Target
Sunnies: Old Navy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment