Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Having a Moment with Uneven Hem Denim

Focus on the fit, not the size...easier said than done, right?


Seriously though -- When it comes to denim, not all sizes are created equal and as women, this can be extremely frustrating. I've talked about it before and I'm telling you guys again because this is IMPORTANT STUFF in the world of women's clothing - If you're looking for a new pair of jeans that feels like they were custom made for you, there's no more need to cry in the dressing room or go on Kanye's workout plan because the pair is out there already. 

It DOES exist -- (Santa? M&M's? Anyone?) 👀

Fitcode is awesome because it helps you find jeans that will look and feel great based on fit instead of size. How many times does a size 4 fit you in one store but you're a size 8 in another? It's whacked out but luckily, there's an easy way to solve this problem -- A 
short quiz will reveal your personal "Fitcode," followed by a custom "denim boutique" which features a variety of brands, styles and price points, all matching your "fit number." 


This is the second pair of jeans I've gotten through Fitcode and both times, I have been more than pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Let's be honest, I need more jeans like a hole in the head (think I have 18ish pairs...it's a problem), but I'm having a big time moment with the uneven hem so I've had a little trouble holding back from this pair from Silver Jeans. This brand has been around for so long, blending modern and vintage details and most recently, they have made some beautiful updates to the brand which has led to some majorly cool denim looks. This I've always loved distressed denim because of its laid back, casual vibes so when I started seeing raw, frayed edges on the bottom of jeans, it was love at first sight. Even more so, I like that so many of them are cropped, ankle styles which is perfect for bootie season -- My favorite of all! I dread the day when we have to start wearing socks because there's snow on the ground...

Needless to say, I'm going to be living in this pair for quite some time (or until that first flakes fall, at least). This mid-rise style is equal parts supportive and stylish -- Just the right combo for a new Mom! They're super soft, have an above-ankle inseam and oh yes, are completely ripped in the back near the ankle. It adds just the right amount of edge to my Fall weekend style.


SHOP MY STYLE:





And side note -- One of the reasons I love this season so much is because we get the chance to play around with cozy layers because we're not (yet) required to stuff ourselves into thick, uncomfortable heavy jackets. To expand on that, I am definitely living my best coat life this year...I have a growing collection of lightweight coats, sweater jackets and dusters, all which offer an extra element of effortless style to a basic jeans and tee look. This textured sweater topper was a fast favorite of mine! It's a great alternative to a bulky coat, pairs with almost anything and best of all, I can file it under
"Grandpa chic," a section of my wardrobe which (I'm not joking, nor sad about), continues to grow. Both my Mom AND Lisa own it as well and we are all different heights, shapes, etc., so it may be safe to say it looks good on everyone!



How do you guys shop for jeans? 
Let me know if you have any questions about finding your "Fitcode!"

Wearing:

Top: Old Navy
Jacket: c/o J. Jill
Jeans: Silver Jeans c/o Fitcode 
Booties: c/o Cabi Clothing
Hat: Sole Society, sold out (similar)
Purse: Express, sold out (Love this style too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment