Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Recipe: (Spiked!) Eggnog

For as long as I can remember, I have always passed on the eggnog. Yep, never had an eggnog shake, never look forward to eggnog at parties each year...I'm more of a pumpkin spice gal! ;)

This year, the hubby declared we need to try it. But his twist was... we need to try it spiked!
We searched online for the best recipe and everyone we found had things in them that we did not like. Solution? Make it up as you go along!

 Here is the recipe for our "lets try it our way" eggnog:
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Spiced Rum
1/2 cup Brandy
8 cups Eggnog
Nutmeg (sprinkle on top)
 We chilled two glasses in the freezer, sprinkled nutmeg on top, and voila:
This recipe was delicious. I decided it could use a bit of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon and then it was divine. I am now a big fan of this holiday drink!

Are you a fan of eggnog? What else do you mix with it?

#Lisa


3 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I WILL be trying this! Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been a fan of eggnog either but this recipe sounds delish! We will definitely be trying it this winter! :-)

    ReplyDelete