Friday, May 30, 2014

Side by Side Challenge: Braids

The ladies of 2 Girls in 2 Cities are at it again and this months challenge was braids. 
Eight bloggers showed us their favorite braid styles and I was happy to be among this group of great girls! 

Here are our braided styles:
 photo a13fdfe6-ce2a-46b8-801d-29a969f266be_zps7eaa4a91.jpg


I love how everyone made this challenge their own by showing easy summer braids. I spy a few styles above that I'll be trying out for sure! 

I decided to go with a super easy triple braid bun. My hair was dirty (day three) so it was perfect for an up-do. 


What you need:
- 4 elastic ties
- bobby pins

 photo braidedbun_zps8fbc8968.jpg
Instructions: 

1) Divide hair into three sections. French braid both sides and regular braid the center one. Use small elastic bands to secure the braids. 
2) Pull braids apart making them messy and big.
3) Braid all three braids loosely together.
4) Roll the braid up and use 3-4 bobby pins to secure to head. 
5) Pull at braids again making the bun bumpy and loose. 

Thank you so much to Amanda and Jennie for including me in this month's challenge! Head over to the other blogs and show them some love:

Amanda & Jennie - 2 Girls in 2 CitiesJill - Hot Pink StyleJulie - It's JulienJen - Basic Training Corporate StyleKristyn - First Impressions, and Marissa - I Get My Crafty From My Mama.


How do you wear your braids in the summer? Do you think you'll be trying my triple braided bun?

No comments:

Post a Comment