Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Because We Love (Hate?) The 90's

I spent (too) many days and (too) much money in my teens on clothes at Forever 21. Every female who goes off to college knows the "pain" of not having a new shirt to wear the bars every night and F21 was always the answer – cheap and trendy, a quick fix. I never could imagine the day where it wouldn’t be in my rotation of stores, but as time goes by, I find myself slowly transitioning out of that mode because I've finally come to see how the store can be very overwhelming and unorganized.



That said, I DO still think it’s good for accessories, basics, and the occasional trendy piece when you just don’t want to splurge. But on a recent visit, Lisa and I walked by so many articles of clothing that made us laugh at the thought of putting it on so we decided to document our trip.

While we support the return of some 90’s trends (hello #croptops!), there are some that should have never seen the light of day, let alone have made a comeback.


Please enjoy our photo stream of style gone bad in the form of acid wash jeans and velvet. VELVET!

Didn't Kelly Kapowski rock this? Did we really ever love leggings under jean shorts?

I have no words

This is supposed to be a dress, right?

 I feel like Miley Cyrus owns many similar pairs.

I'm all for cut-outs but even the Pretty Woman herself wouldn't approve of this look.

Fringe, graphics, florals, studs, vest…which way is up?

Because who doesn't need a full sequin jumper?

Velvet is back but was it really ever here?


I understand floral headbands are cute but this is trying WAY too hard.

Avril Lavigne circa 2007.

Would your Mom approve of this?

Leather and mesh sometimes work together…but not this time.

Figured you guys wanted one more shot of that gorge velvet "dress" ;)

With the return of the 90's, which trends could you do without?



3 comments:

  1. me...i need that full body sequin jumpsuit, lol! no thank you to the acid wash jeans. i don't even think i wore it back then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious and quite sad all at once! ;) Thanks for the laugh and can't believe these clothes are still out there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, trust us...we laughed our way through the store (but of course ended up shopping too!) ;)

    ReplyDelete