Thursday, October 16, 2014

Every Pound Saves a Hound


"There is only one thing more enjoyable than a fresh-brewed cup of coffee in the morning, and that is to see a dog's wagging tail when you roll out of bed"...


Grounds & Hounds Coffee Co, a company who strives to support the hard-working rescue organizations in your community, summed it up perfectly. When we adopted Fitz from Wagging Hearts six months ago, I suddenly had a reason to enjoy mornings, rather than avoid them. Ever since I started drinking coffee (note: I'm an iced girl, even in the winter), I look forward to our A.M. routine which starts with the fireplace and some brew and ends with my four-legged pal snoring beside me on the couch.

At Grounds & Hounds, every pound saves a hound which means while you're enjoying their delicious (and cleverly titled) flavors, you're also giving shelter pups the second-chance they deserve. My husband and I have always shared a love for dogs so once we got married, it was only a matter of time. One year later, we started scouring Adopt a Pet and fell in love with ALL of the rescue pups but there was one special litter prompted us to email the foster home and end our weekend getaway early to see them. 

Fitz and his brothers and sisters were born in Tennessee and were residing in a high kill shelter until Wagging Hearts stepped in to find him a home..."These Boxer-lab puppies can't wait to find their forever home" the site read and we are so lucky to share ours with him...I often wonder, "who rescued who?" ;) 



I have a Keurig so I used my Krups grinder (just $20!) to ground the Alpha Male mix...

You just need a reusable k-cup for the grounds...

Add a little skim milk, and I'm in puppy love.


From pup to toddler, our rescue pup is growing beautifully and has turned into a best friend...



Can't forget about Dad...he loves waking up to Fitz kisses, even the sloppiest of them all. 

Do you have a furry family member? How do you spend your mornings together?

1 comment:

  1. #1 I love that we posted about this on the same day. #2 That FACE!!! He's such a handsome guy!!!

    xoxo,
    Lauren at www.lakeshorelady.com

    ReplyDelete