Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Into the Woods


Sometimes I think I was meant to live outdoors...Especially when we’re up north in the woods and enjoying the most beautiful October I can remember in years. From walking on crunchy leaves to inhaling the scent of a wood burning fire nearby and taking in all the visually stunning colors, these are the kind of moments that make me realize how blessed I am. I just feel better when I'm outdoors, especially if I'm being active like taking a long walk or hiking a challenging mountain



That said, I was really excited when I read about REI’s #OptOutside campaign, did you guys hear about this? They are closing all their stores on Black Friday and instead, inspiring people to get outdoors because “being outside makes our lives better.” I’ve never visited a retail store on Black Friday (shopping online doesn't count, ok?), partly because there’s never anything I need THAT BADLY at 2:00am...but also because, these people should be with their families, especially when things get even more ridiculous and they’re asked to open the store in the middle of carving the turkey the night before. Greed. That's all that is.

This year, #OptOutside for some family football or a jog with your pup to work off your (third slice of) pumpkin pie. I promise you won't regret it ;)







What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? How you feel about the #OptOutside movement?


Top: Old Navy
Scarf: Target (Almost identical!)
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Sole Society
Purse: Coach (Similar under $50!)
Necklace: Coach (Love this one in gold too)
Ring: Old Navy
Sunnies: Karen Walker 
Get your first designer pair of sunglasses FREE with code SISTERSMARIE on Ditto!)

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment