Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Winter Uniform

 photo IMG_7626_zpscotdpkba.jpg  photo IMG_7648_zpsr7zgyzzs.jpg  photo IMG_7627_zps67plhdxl.jpg

My go-to winter look has hands down been jeans and a cozy knit. No, I am not reinventing the wheel here folks, but by adding fun accessories you can make it look a bit more put together. I love how the colors camel and black pair together, so I decided to start there. I used the gold buckles in my boots to pair in simple gold jewelry and pave earrings. To finish my outfit off, I added my favorite blanket scarf, rip & repair bag, and wool trench. This outfit was perfect for a family birthday party this past weekend.

 photo IMG_7629_zpswcgwtvjg.jpg  photo IMG_7653_zpsvylkl7q7.jpg  photo IMG_7645_zps5iglbb2s.jpg

OK, let's talk distressed denim. I love it, but I only own two pair because I don't wear this style tons. I've had this black pair for a little over a year, and have only worn them a handful of times. I guess I felt it was time to fix that issue over the weekend because on they went. I walk into my niece's birthday party and my Grandpa starts asking about my jeans. "Lisa, I can buy you some pants if you can't afford a full pair? But seriously, did you get money off because they are ruined?" No, Grandpa, I did not get money off, but if you want to buy me more pants, go for it! ;)

It's clearly a generational thing. I can't even imagine my beautiful grandma wearing anything distressed. She was always so put-together and dressed up even on any given weekday. If she were still alive today, she would have made the same jokes at me I'm sure...

 photo IMG_7620_zps4u1bmopp.jpg  photo IMG_7636_zpsaksis8ln.jpg
Jacket: Victoria's Secret (similar) // Sweater // Jeans // Boots (similar) // Scarf: Coach // Bag  Necklace: Gift // Earrings: c/o T+J Designs  // Lip Color 

What is your go-to winter style? What are your feelings on distressed denim?

No comments:

Post a Comment