Monday, January 21, 2013

Peaked my Pinterest: Nail Glitter

When I saw this photo on Pinterest, I knew I needed to try it ASAP!

Photobucket
Source

It seems so easy, right?! Put top coat or clear nail polish on and then dip it in Gosh nail glitter. I did not have any nail glitter, but I did have loose eye shadow glitter and didn't see why it wouldn't work just the same.

Here is my attempt at the nail glitter look:
Photobucket
After I dipped each nail, I pat the loose shadow down and let it dry fully. I noticed some powder was still loose on the top so I rinsed my nails under cold water, patted them dry with a paper towel, and then added top coat so nothing would get on my clothes.

Here is the finished product:
Photobucket
I think I'd like to try this again using the GOSH nail glitter. This method worked, but it ended up being a lot of work and a bigger DIY project then I had intended. 

It does look pretty cool though and I do find myself gazing at my hands all day, so maybe it wasn't a total wash. No guts no glory, right?!

Have you ever tried this method?

#Lisa


1 comment:

  1. update...the eyeshadow kinda smelled funky so I ditched it after a day. going to try the nail glitter next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete