Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Because Kaitlyn Hosted an Oscar Party

I love award season and being that the Oscars are considered the Superbowl of these events, I look forward to our annual Academy Award Party, hosted with Lake House Lyn. The soiree starts at 5:00 so we don't miss any of the best (and worst) red carpet looks and this gives us plenty of time to start on the 3 rounds of food (healthy snacks, hot appetizers and dessert) 

I've read very mixed reviews of the red carpet style, but I thought most of the dresses were stunning - Very few of them disappointed me...unless we're talking about Anne Hathaway. High neckline = No necklace. Pale pink ill fitting style? Looked like a bad bridesmaid get-up. I love her, but she rivaled Megan McCarthy for worst dressed/90's flash back.

My Top 3:
Alexander McQueen, Elie Saab, Roberto Cavalli

Runners Up:
Miu Miu, Alexis Mabille, L'Wren Scott

And here are some photos from OUR red carpet event where even though we were all in jeans and sweats, was JUST as fabulous ;-)




Pin It

(cupcakes, black & white cookies, hand dipped tuxedo peeps)

Who was your best/worst dressed? Where did you watch the show?

9 comments:

  1. Love your food choices and the cupcake decorations are so cute. The greatest part of the fashion was the glamour and shimmer. You definitely have chosen the best in your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun X Thanks for following! Followed back

    cult-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cakes are adorable! my fave was Amanda's!
    would be good if you included anna's dress as you spoke about it in the post
    A
    www.23ofashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry Washington and Nicole Kidman looked stunning. I could definitely do with those dresses in my closet!

    http://styleofalondontallgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute party!!
    I have to say I felt a lot of women looked stunning and beautiful. Nothing incredibly outrageous in style or trends but classic and feminine. =) I loved how Jessica Chastain looked.
    I agree with you on Anne Hathaway. I did not care for her dress...she might as well have worn her post-Oscar dress!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Јuѕt wish to ѕay your article is aѕ suгprіsing.
    Thе сlearneѕs in your post is just cool and i could assumе yοu are an expert on this
    subject. Fіne with your permіssion alloω me
    to grab your feеd to κeep updated ωith foгthcoming рost.
    Thanκs а millіon and please keep uρ thе rewarding work.


    Hаve a look at my homeрage - http://www.getcash4surveys.info

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all of your picks, but I would also add Jennifer Lawrence. I thought that she looked so beautiful!

    -Haley-
    haleyvalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to to thank you for thiѕ fantastіc read!
    ! I definitеly еnjoyed eνery little bit of it.
    I've got you book-marked to look at new stuff you post…

    Here is my webpage get ripped abs fast

    ReplyDelete