Monday, September 16, 2013

Because Kaitlyn got Married: The Day



I am so excited to post my official wedding photos today! Prior to the wedding, everyone told me how important it would be to take a moment during all of the chaos to reflect on it all so I tried to do that during each phase of the day and I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you.

The bridesmaids started arriving at 6:00 am, partly because there were so many of us and partly because we were too excited to sleep!



I was adamant about wearing blue shoes, yes to match the bridesmaids, but also because I'm always a sucker for a pop of color. This idea completely confused my Grandmother but when she saw them in person, she warmed up to it and decided it was absolutely perfect :)



I've said this before and I'll say it again: I have never felt as pretty as I did on this day. I knew this was the right dress the moment I put it on, but it was a different story with my hair. I was insanely specific about how I wanted it styled (no up-dos - all result in tears, no joke) 

All my life, I had imagined walking down the aisle with long loose waves because that's when I feel most like myself and thank you to Zano's, my wish was granted. With the curls cascading over my shoulder, the keyhole back was still a main focus (the highlight of the dress!)


Holy handsome!


Even the priest took a moment during the ceremony to point out the crazy amount of blue. "I just have to ask, was there sale on gym shoes?"




Aren't my bridesmaids gorgeous? Even though only a few of them are related, I consider them all to be family. Their bright blue J. Crew dresses and the coral/pink flowers looked better than I even imagined...one of my ultimate color combos!





I decided to skip the "first look" idea in order to have a traditional ceremony because I was so excited to experience that surprise moment when I saw him waiting for me at the end of the aisle and let me say, there will never be words to describe that emotion. My whole body was shaking and between the mixture of laughter and tears, I was on cloud nine.

That being said, this was one of the only moments my new husband and I were alone all day, so these are a few of my favorite photos - just him and I gushing over the day.


What is a wedding at the Shedd without Jellies?!

My husband calls this photo "the girl on fire" - Who needs Katniss Everdeen? ;)

One of the reasons we picked the Shedd (amongst many!) is because I think it has the greatest view of the city skyline so it was important to me to spend part of the night on the gorgeous terrace. In addition to cocktail hour, we spent some time taking photos and dancing in the (brief) rain drops which was one of the most memorable parts of the evening. It unplanned, imperfect and just right. 

Stay tuned for wedding details tomorrow...


10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful kaitlyn....stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous! what a beautiful bride on a beautiful day! congrats again kaitlyn! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! The pictures are amazing. What a perfect day! Thank you for sharing the pics with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful photos! You can tell it was a beautiful wedding. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love all the dresses! Congrats Katitlyn! You (and Lisa) look beautiful!

    Jess & Jill
    jessandjill.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you know, just pretending my allergies are acting up while reading this post. Positively, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look amazing, K! i LOVE the blue shoes on you and the all the men...adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Rebecca! You're sweet....and the men were pretty cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete