Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Because Kaitlyn Loves Holiday Traditions

Before anything else, I am a product of my environment and that is most true during the holidays. I was raised in a family where togetherness comes first and traditions stand strong so it's no wonder I look forward to the same things each year during this time. 

Without any reasonable explanation available, my Mom and I are huge fans of the Home Alone movies...It's something we've watched since I was little so I think the nostalgia and comfort of it just makes us happy. 3 years ago, we started the tradition of visiting the house where it was shot each year at Christmas time.
We make a day of it, packing (my Mom's AMAZING) toffee bars for the car, movie soundtrack in the background and doing some shopping along the way...

Sweater: Old Navy // Leggings: JC Penney (similar, similar) // Boots: c/o Just Fab // Scarf: Target (similar)
Gloves: Forever 21 (similar) // Hat: Old (similar)
The north shore of Chicago is absolutely beautiful and where I want to live (should I ever grace the cover of Forbes). I mean...this horse & carriage just came out of nowhere while we were driving around town. Combined with the dusting of snow, could it be any more idyllic?

We met another family in front of the house who had driven in from IOWA to see it! Guess we're not the only ones with a soft spot for the McAllisters...

This year, we made a stop at the Chriskindlmarket afterwards...Picked up a few ornaments, drank spiced German wine (which I will not be buying at Binny's) and enjoyed being together. Not everyone loves the Holiday like we do, so it's nice to be able to share in our craziness together :)



What are your favorite Holiday traditions?

-K

1 comment:

  1. so great to have these kinds of family traditions...they make for great memories. i love home alone movies, too!

    Love & Sunshine Giveaway!
    Anuhea Designs Giveaway!
    Libi & LoLa Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete