Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Because Kaitlyn Recaps the Oscar Party!


Every year, the girls in my family get together for an Oscar Party (hosted by my Mother, our very own Martha Stewart). It is one of our favorite traditions that is filled with small bites, decadent desserts, sweatpants and tiaras (my favorite combo) and of course, red carpet gossip. 

I decided to make mini Mac & Cheese pies, courtesy of Paula Deen. The recipe is super easy and similar to others on Pinterest, but once my eyes focused in on the Ritz cracker crust in this version, my decision was made. 

Here's a look at how the pies turned out:





I had some leftover pasta and topping so I decided to make a mac & cheese pizza pie…the perfect snack! By the way, I am that person who prefers that blue box mac vs fancy noodles any day so that's what I used here…comfort eats from your childhood never lose.



Not the official red carpet, but ours was nice and dry 


I love this rustic chalkboard ladder from Pottery Barn -- it was a great centerpiece for the table but will also be very versatile for future parties (I would love to set up mini appetizers on this!)

Cupcakes the size of your head (Thank you Standard Market!)

Fig jam…my new must have for entertaining.

A potent pitcher of orange cosmos

The hit of the night -- chocolate covered fruit from Edible Arrangements. It's amazing how women convince themselves... "it's fruit, so it's healthy" ;)

The ultimate summer salad -- strawberries, walnuts, feta cheese, blueberries, parmesan cheese, spinach, arugula and raspberry dressing. Is your mouth watering yet?

Oscar trivia coasters (obvi!)

Pink Moscato cupcakes wrapped in gold -- just the right amount of wrong

He's hoping he wore it best...

And lastly, thank you to Cupcakes & Cashmere for being a great party inspiration 
... the little touches mean the most!

What did you think of the show? We all agreed it was one of the best yet. 
You can't go wrong with Ellen Degeneres hosting (and Lupita Nyong'o's dress…GUSH).

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful assortment we had, combining the healthy with the super decadent! And comfy clothes and tiaras should always be the attire for awards viewing, don't you think? What a great post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ellen is so freaking hillarious. LOVE her! and i love that you guys have an oscar party!!

    [oomph.]
    $600 SPRING Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete