Monday, March 24, 2014

The Liebster Awards: Our Answers!

We were so happy to find out the Lisa from Double Door Ranch nominated us for a Liebster Award! 

Here are our answers to the questions from Lisa:

How long have you been blogging?
K: Almost two years with Sisters Marie -- the closest thing I had before that was a Livejournal in high school, Good Lord that was embarrassing.

L: I have been blogging for four years over on Stilettos and Diaper Bags, Sisters Marie is about to turn two this May! 

Do you have a day job in addition to your blog?
L: I have a few! I am a stay-at-home mother to two children. On top of caring for my kids (and being room mother at school) I am also in charge of running my home (bills, cleaning, laundry and cooking for 4 people, etc.) I co-own our LLC (Sisters Marie) which currently runs two websites, Because I Shop Too Much & Because They Grow Too Fast. And as I stated in the last question, I have a second blog as well. As you can imagine I don't have too much down time. I wouldn't have it any other way! 

K: In addition to two sites Lisa mentioned, I have a full time job as a Marketing and Communications Coordinator for a Creative Agency. We specialize in exhibit design and event management so it's a fun, unique and at many times, chaotic, environment which I enjoy.

Kids: have ‘em, want ‘em?
L: I have two kids, one 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. They are the best things to ever happen to me. Having said that, two is good for me and my hubby, we are officially done. Your turn, Kaitlyn! ;) 

K: I just got married a little over 6 months ago so while I know kids are definitely in our future plans, our sights are currently set on picking out the perfect furry friend. We're both huge dog people so I can't wait until we have one of our own. 

Geometric or floral? (context: anything)
L: Geometric. I love geometric patterns in both fashion and home decor. 

K: My first inclination is to say floral but if I think about it, I don't really own many floral patterns except for a few items so I'd have to say geometric….I love mixing modern and classic style, especially when it comes to interior decorating and various geo patterns are great to work with.

What have your most popular post topics been?
L: I think our Rocked it and Swapped it posts set us apart from other bloggers. It's always fun to see how other people style the same item(s) of clothing as you have. It's great for style inspiration and also I just find it fun to see how others wear my clothes! 

K: In addition to R&S, I enjoy our "Peaked my Pinterest" theme where we take an idea from Pinterest and actually put it to the test. SO much time is spent pinning gorgeous images and "saving for later" but you feel accomplished when you take it a step further and try it yourself, whether it's a recipe, hairstyle or DIY project.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
K: I'm proud of many things about my life thus far - All the years I worked with Special Ed children (one of my favorite memories), working my up in field I initially knew nothing about, starting a company with Lisa that we are passionate about.but more than anything, I think it's the relationships in my life. I feel quite lucky to consider both my parents and my husband my best friends. Solid relationships take work and we all do our fair share to ensure that they stay strong. 

L: In life, my children. In marriage, being very much in love with my husband of 6 years. In education, getting my bachelors degree in business. In blogging, hitting over 1 million views on Stilettos and Diaper Bags. Personally, making myself a priority in my life and not feeling guilty about it. That last one took me many years to do! 

Heels, flats, workboots?
K: 80 flats, 20 heels. I am 5'9" so I've never "needed heels" in that regard (though we all know a gorgeous pair of shoes is never about need) but I also like to mix it up with wedges, ankle booties, and a great pair of sneakers…comfort can be attractive, females are not just limited to 6 inches of pain. 

L: Heels. Always heels.

What is your most prized possession?
K: Two things come to mind: My computer (solely because it houses all of my photos) and a blanket that I've had since I was born. It still sits on our bed to this day and has traveled all over the world with me. It's my ultimate comfort zone. 

L: Ahh, this is hard! I'm trying to think of what I would try to grab if there was a fire and I had to only take 1 item. I can think of about 20 things that pertain to my kids (baby books, 1st hair cut, etc) or my husbands things. If it had to be truly mine and a possession (not a living thing ie. members of my family, pets) it would be a vintage cardigan with fur neck passed down from my late grandmother. I love that she wore it when my mom was a kid. I love that I had it repaired and own something of hers. She was a true fashion mavin! 

If you could pick another city to live in, what would it be?
K: I LOVE Scottsdale, AZ and everything about California but I've always wanted to be where my family is, so that would be a determining factor. If everyone wanted to pick up and move to Montana tomorrow, it wouldn't be as much as about the place but whether or not we're all going together. 

L: This is a hard one. I love it in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. The air is so fresh, the pace is slower, and I just seem more relaxed when I'm there. I also love San Diego, California. I mean, what's not to like about southern California?

Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
K: All chocolate -- there is no right or wrong. No matter what form, color, texture, temperature, or substance it comes in, I'm not going to be picky. 

L: Dark Chocolate. 

What is your favorite season?
K: It has always been summer for many reasons...To start, I'm always cold, so I count down the days until Chicago turns warm again but it's also because everything during those 3 months makes me feel so alive - swimming, boating, running, eating every meal outside, walking barefoot in the grass, driving with the top down, festivals, nighttime walks, etc. My husband will tell you, "she's in a much better mood when it's warm outside" :) 

L: Fall is hands down my favorite season. I am a sucker for the smells, colors, and temperatures. 

Thanks for nominating us, Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations girls! Well deserved and really enjoy reading your interview:)

    ReplyDelete