Wednesday, June 18, 2014

4th of July Recipes with CK Mondavi Wine!


Kaitlyn: When it comes to wine, I have made a transition over the past few years from nothing but Riesling to being a huge red wine snob (Pinot Noir and Malbec are my go-to's). When I first started enjoying wine, I couldn't process the thought of red wine because it was served warm... but now, the thought of Riesling makes my teeth hurt because it's too sweet -- it's funny how your palette changes over the years, but one thing that doesn't change is my excitement to try different brands.

Lisa and I recently enjoyed two different wines from CK Mondavi that were perfect compliments to some of my favorite summer recipes. CK Mondavi is produced in Napa Valley by the iconic C. Mondavi and family which resonates with me as I work for a family-owned business and understand all the hard work that entails.


CK Mondavi perfect for 4th of July...Not only is it the only wine in this price point to be 100% American made & grown, but a percentage of sales goes to supporting veterans. CK Mondavi donates to Intrepid FallenHeroes Fund (IFHF), an organization that supports the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families.

The "Blonde Five" was just the right compliment to the ultimate American summer salad I made. So what makes this wine delicious, you ask?

Here is my favorite (and SIMPLE) 4th of July Salad Recipe

2 cups mixed salad greens
1/4 cup feta cheese
2 tablespoons candied or toasted walnuts
4 strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup blueberries
raspberry vinaigrette dressing (this one is my favorite)

1) Lay greens on the plate
2) Pile the feta and walnuts in the middle of the greens
3) Scatter the strawberries and blueberries on top
4) Serve with dressing on the side and a glass of Blonde Five



Lisa: I am currently trying to get into wines more myself. I used to always order Prosecco or Riesling or even sometimes champagne. I love a little sparkle and sweet to my drinks. Or at least I thought I did before I started trying more and more red wines. Depending on the type of  red wine you are drinking, you can still get your sweet and it's way better for you. A glass a day, right? 

I recently tried CK Mondavi's Cabernet Sauvignon and I was very pleased with the taste! There were rich fruit flavors which gave me the sweet I crave but not overwhelmingly sweet. I too never thought I'd enjoy room temperature wine, but the more I try, the more I find I do. 

Here is a some more information on their Cabernet Sauvignon:
This wine would be perfect for all your 4th of July parties. It pairs great with dinner or can be enjoyed while relaxing outside with your family. I find a glass at the end of the day is a wonderful way to relax and unwind. Especially now that the weather is nicer, hello summer! 

 photo 2e9362ee-5003-48b5-95d3-292eed5ab4b9_zpsbb436bcf.jpg

What's your favorite type of wine? What foods do you like to pair them with?

We were selected for this opportunity as members of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment