Monday, June 29, 2015

Chambray PJ's? Two different views.


Actual conversation with my husband:

Me: So, what do you think of this? You said I looked cute today but what do you think of the style?
Husband: Yeah, what is that called?
Me: A romper 
Husband: Isn't that the same thing as a onesie? You're essentially wearing pajama's...outside 
Me: EXACTLY....


This is one of those conversations that perfectly highlights the difference in the way males and females think – We both see the same thing when we look at it: A comfortable outfit that resembles something similar to pajamas. Taking that a step further though, I think it’s chic and stylish whereas he remains confused and unsure of how this became acceptable to wear in public.

I still keep him in the back of my mind when I’m getting dressed because of course, I always want him to think I look pretty but as he explained to me, he really believes people are judged far too much based on what they’re wearing. Why do we place so much importance on it, he asks. To him, clothing is a necessity…to me, it is an indulgence. 

I’ve always loved fashion (hence why I’m here and not writing about bird watching) but sometimes, he does a good job of bringing me back down to earth. I will always believe your apparel is an essential part of your personality but to his point, a person is much more than their clothes and it’s important that we remember that, especially in the world of blogging for style.


With all that said, I still want to be clear about one thing; I'm obsessed with rompers and jumpers.








Jumper: Old Navy (swap w/ Lisa) | Kimono: Target (swap w/ Lisa) | Sandals: Old Navy | Bag: Forever 21 (old) 
Sunnies: ZeroUV | Bracelet: Forever 21 (similar) | Watch: JORD | Necklace: Rocksbox (swap w/ Lisa)
Ring: Pree Brulee (swap w/ Lisa) 

Do you ever have similar conversations with your spouse? 

How do their opinions enter into your fashion choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment