Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Over The Knee and Through The Woods

I don't fall in love with every trend, but this year, over-the-knee boots got me bad...the bordeaux Stuart Weitzman pair, to be exact. Every time I saw them on a fellow blogger or celebrity, I longed to have my own which I would pair with fabulously floppy hats and flowy dresses on a regular basis (totally practical for my office job, obviously)...


However, I just COULD NOT justify paying $800 for a pair of BOOTS. I realize it's an "investment" in a statement item, but they are not classic in terms of style and I can't guarantee that I will love them forever. So, I set out on a mission to find a (similar) affordable pair and was so excited to see these beauties from Choies! The color and tie at the back of the knee were a requirement for me so I was thrilled to find a pair that was almost identical. They are exactly what I was looking for and SO comfortable.





We spent New Years Eve at our lake house with my Family and it was one of the best yet. Typically, we host a party there for our friends (which we love!) but this year, our schedule was full of nothing BUT parties and pre-scheduled plans so we allowed ourselves to start 2016 on a more relaxed note.
The four of us went to dinner at a local Italian restaurant where the food was fantastic and the drinks were strong but the company and conversation made it the most memorable. My parents mentioned more than once how they were so lucky we wanted to spend our New Years with them but I feel the same way...they are truly some of my best friends.

Afterwards, we drove through some Christmas light displays and ended with a nightcap at one of of our favorite establishments on the water...they had an outdoor bar set-up complete with heaters and a gorgeous fireplace. The setting was just right and I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant way to start a new slate.





Wearing:

Dress: Old Navy
Boots: Choies
Beanie: Old Navy (currently out of stock online but this one is very similar)
Necklace: H&M (similar for under $6!)
Clutch: Glint (almost identical)
Hair: Beachwaver

How did you ring in the new year? 
What are you most looking forward to in 2016?


No comments:

Post a Comment