Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sweater Stir Crazy


I don't know about you guys, but every year around this time, I start to go sweater stir crazy...With how cold it's been in Chicago, I've been living in chunky knits, jeans or leggings and winter boots to stay warm (and my office is always freezing!) In the beginning,  I enjoy wearing/styling each sweater for the first time but after awhile, it becomes redundant and I start to get stuck in a clothing rut. Sometimes it literally feels claustrophobic with layers and layers of thick materials. I just want to breathe.

Even if the temperatures stay the same, I think it helps to change up your style every now and then to give you hope that dry, pale skin will eventually retreat and tanned, bare skin will return once again. Enter knee high boots -- a peek of skin paired with a festive skirt pattern is cheery and a welcome break for your legs that have been stuck in hibernation. Add a complimentary pop of color via your purse or lipstick and kick those sweaters to the curb...for today, at least ;)








How do you avoid a winter clothing rut? 
What suggestions do you have for mixing it up?

Wearing:

Top: Old Navy (old...this is equally adorable, though!)
Skirt: Old Navy (old but love this similar t+j style too!)
Boots: Choies
Hat: Amazon Fashion
Purse: Nordstrom (similar in red)
Necklace: Target
Bracelets: Evelyn Jane
Heartbeat Ring: T+J Designs
Lip color: Glominerals...guys, sorbet is my FAVORITE

No comments:

Post a Comment