Wednesday, February 24, 2016

By a Long Shot


 Truth: I kind of have this thing for pieces that are slightly over sized. Sweaters, tank tops, t's and currently, cardigans...this reason is two-fold: 1) I'm 5'9" so literally everything seems short on me and I long for (see what I did there?) appropriately fitting clothing 2) I think tunic-style length and longer is super flattering, especially if you're a jolly green giant like me! 

I'm also a big fan of leggings (leather or non) so this length is key but even paired with denim, I love the way long, looser tops look... long top, distressed jeans and ankle booties, my go-to look year round.  You should see me in a store, let's take Old Navy for example: I sift through clothing racks, eyes wide when I see something long in length, similar an animal hunting its prey. Okay, that comparison is overly dramatic but seriously, I get so excited when I stumble upon these pieces, much like this lightweight cardigan. I knew I wanted one for the Spring and I had an image in my mind of what I wanted it to look like - Long, gray and flowy, perfect for transitioning. Figured it was a long shot but then I saw it...






Anyone else understand my love for length? 
Anyone? Bueller? 

Wearing:

Cardigan: Old Navy
T-shirt: LOFT (old but it's my absolute favorite, fits like a glove)
Jeans: Old Navy
Booties: Just Fab, old (kind of in love with this similar pair!)
Hat: Lisa's, old (similar)
Bag: Forever 21 (this one with the neon strap, though...)
Sunnies: Ray-ban via DITTO (get your first pair FREE with code "SISTERSMARIE"
Necklace: E Street Denim


No comments:

Post a Comment