Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Florals for Fall


When I saw this floral midi dress in the store, I wasn’t 100% sold – It looked like it had the potential to be a better fit for my Grandmother’s closet but then I imagined how I would style it for Fall: Booties (slash lace up sandals in late August), a wool floppy hat and a dark lip and suddenly I got excited about the possibilities. You really can’t make a purchase based on how it presents itself on the hanger in the store...you have to think about your style and how you would make it your own. Fast forward and not only did this dress make it home with me but it’s made it into my permanent rotation for the Summer-Fall transition.


On a similar note, I’ve said it before and I'm sticking to it – One of the best parts about fashion is being able to embody different people (per se) depending on your mood and your outfit of choice. Let me explain: While taking these photos, it’s almost like I got to be somebody else, if just for a few minutes – maybe it was the light coming through the trees or being surrounded by the Wisconsin woods…but most definitely, it was due in part to the boho chic look as a whole that allowed me to step outside of my “all American/girl next door” norm. Personal style requires no definition. I love that I can dress like a wood nymph one day and J. Crew mascot the next with no explanation required. I'd rather experience it all...fashion is too full of adventure to typecast yourself.






Do you have a strict personal style or do you tend to mix it up?

Wearing:

Dress: Old Navy
Shoes: Target
Bag: c/o Sole Society (Sold out but similar here under $30!)
Hat: Target (Similar)
Sunnies: H&M
Necklace: c/o Park Lane Jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment