Friday, October 28, 2016

Layers of Love


This is one of those moments where I feel a little late to the party. I recently visited Nordstrom Rack for the first time in years...I was doing some last minute dress hunting for a friend's wedding and the store is close to my work so I figured I would give it a shot. Not only did I leave with a dress but the second I walked in, I asked myself why I had been wasting so much time shopping elsewhere. I love Nordstrom (who doesn't?), but I'm not always willing to spend $60-70 on a shirt so I was pretty pumped to see a lot of the same styles and trends for around half the price. 


I left with a few blouses which will be considered staple pieces for years to come and my favorite purchase of the day, this Free People turtleneck. Lisa wore something similar last year and when we swapped it, I fell in love so I jumped at the chance to secure my own. I like how much warmth a piece like this can provide without feeling overly bulky or stuffy. Plus, no sleeves means you can layer a jacket over this too for a triple layered look, much like Jessica did here...Fall is the ultimate time to combine textures like leather and knits.

Also, I get really excited to pull these LOFT boots out year after year...I had them on a birthday wish list a few years ago and I was so excited when they were given to me as a gift. If I can toughen up any feminine style just a bit, I'm a happy girl. How can you not love what is essentially a hiking/construction boot turned lace up heel? These are definitely my "I do what I want" themed shoes ;) Seriously, I'm obsessed BUT one downside -- the heel is SUPER high on these and at 5'9", I do not need any help with height so unfortunately, they only come out to play on seldom occasions. 





By the way, this post is in no way sponsored...I just felt compelled to share my excitement about reigniting this NR retail relationship and wondered, who else shops there on a regular basis?

I feel like it may be very similar to TJ Maxx where it's hit or miss and you have to be willing to put in a little time to find the hidden gems. Thoughts?


Wearing: 

Turtleneck: Free People via Nordstrom Rack 
Jeans: Forever 21 (old but similar pair here)
Boots: LOFT (old but they are currently selling a very similar style!)
Long sleeve shirt: Francesca's
Clutch: Just Fab (love this style in red too)

No comments:

Post a Comment