Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Holiday Wrap Dress


Does anyone else feel totally blindsided by the fact that Christmas is this weekend? I know each year, we all comment on how fast it goes but I'm going to say it again...it seems to have come out of nowhere, even though I've been listening to the music for weeks and watching every movie on Freeform (the same ones, daily!). I always try to get in the spirit as early as possible but it never seems to be long enough. On the bright side, today was my last day in the office for almost two weeks (insert confetti emoji's!), so I'm happy to have a few days dedicated to taking in every last minute of this glorious season. Adulting is hard, especially during the holidays when 40+ valuable hours a week are spent working and not dedicated to baking Christmas cookies -- I miss those days!

In other news, I recently added my first wrap dress to my closet. First? I know, ladies...I'm stunned myself and not sure how I've gotten by for so long without one, especially this Leota style. The fit and flare shape is so flattering and the wrap detail helps to leave plenty of room for a few extra cookies during holiday festivities...and by a few, I mean an entire tin. Anyone else's office been flooded with treats? #IHaveNoWillpower... Oh, AND back to the dress, the material might just be the best part...it's machine washable, wrinkle free and SO soft. I love the subtle print of the dress and thought it would be fun to pair it with a few colorful accents - Cobalt blue is my favorite color so these earrings (under $35) were just begging to be worn and the look as a whole makes a great Christmas or New Years Eve outfit. 



SHOP THE LOOK:





Are you a fan of the wrap dress style?

Wearing:

Dress: c/o Leota New York
Jacket: Old (similar)
Tights: Old Navy
Booties: Just Fab (similar)
Earrings: T+J Designs
Clutch: Nordstrom (similar)
Lipstick: Makeup For Ever - Poppy Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment