Monday, April 22, 2013

Peaked my Pinterest: Vintage Faux Bob

As soon as I saw this hair style on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it out.
Before the Style by Bravura event (posts here and here), I didn't have an occasion to wear it for...however, a red carpet event calls for red carpet hair!


It looks a bit complicated, but it ended up being very easy to execute! 
Here is my attempt at this look step by step:

1) Make sure you have your favorite hair spray, bobby pins, a teasing comb, and curling iron set up and ready

2) Curl your hair

3) Pin the top half of your hair up and tease the bottom portion. I teased the bottom portion in 3 layered sections. Use hair spray!

4) Twist ends of hair and roll hair under, secure with bobby pins.


5) Take the top section down and tease the top and both sides giving you lots of volume. Use a good amount of hair spray in each section.


6) Start twisting and pinning sections of hair to the back. Let some loose hairs fall to create a more drama.
Though I chose to keep it basic, you can add flowers, pins, or barrettes to make it more dressy or even a bridal hair style
.
Here is my finished product:

What do you think of the faux bob?

#Lisa


1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I'd love to try it!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete