Monday, August 25, 2014

Cut a Rug

In a house with all wood flooring, the right area rug is the cherry on top of an interior decorating sundae. I love that we don’t have to worry about spilling red wine on the carpet or scrubbing where the dog tracked mud in.

Wood floors are functional, aesthetically pleasing and much easier to clean. That said, I still like the feeling of a cushion beneath my toes every now and then so I am a big fan of area rugs. Not to mention, one statement piece like that has the power to tie an entire room together, no matter how many different colors, textures and patterns you have incorporated.

Here is a shot of our dining room right after we moved in:

Here’s how it currently looks:

RugsUSA was having an amazing sale that I could not pass up (like, 80% off amazing). I debated for a while because I prefer to see and touch rugs in person but the sale was too good to ignore. This style (still on sale!) turned out to be perfect and it changed the whole dynamic of the room.

Another place to find great home décor deals is Groupon – I don’t always remember to consider it but I found some nice and affordable options during my rug quest. If you’re looking for an area rug or a decorative piece to brighten up the room, check out these Pier 1 sales and Bed Bath and Beyond coupons.
Here are some cute options from my search:

Pier 1

Bed Bath & Beyond
one - two - three 

Have you ever found a great deal for the home on Groupon?

1 comment:

  1. This looks like an entirely different room! I love the look of the rug and candle holders. The room actually looks larger and brighter. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete