Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tall Girls CAN wear Rompers...


Trying to find a dress that isn't actually a shirt...my number one tall girl problem. I am all for getting leggy in mini skirts but at 5'9," sometimes mini becomes trampy and that, I'd like to avoid at all costs. 

Let me be clear, I'm not complaining about my height...I typically embrace being tall (except when my husband complains about the extra lift from my heels, sorry not sorry sweets!) but there are some instances where I must work a little harder to find things that work well for my body and this issue applies to one of my favorite spring/summer trends...the romper. 


I have fallen in love with this one-piece style which despite making bathroom trips a little longer, is perfect for almost everything from a night out with the girls, a bridal shower, or even the office if you can find one appropriate enough which is what I set out to do. No matter how cute, I just can't shop the rompers in Forever because for me, they are LITERALLY the epitome of "cheeky," and not in a endearing way. 

So, I did some research and remembered that I had seen a few styles on the Rage IG page that stood out to me, plus they looked longer and a little more "covered up" than most. I spent some time on their site looking at the models in the photos to see how they fit and felt confident about some of the styles so I went with this floral romper and it ended up being perfect for my height. 

While still short, it doesn't make me feel self-conscious when I'm walking and can definitely be taken down a notch with flat sandals and a jean jacket.



I love all the bright colors and prints on this site right now so of course, I couldn't just order one item...I also scored a gorgeous floral maxi and a shift dress that will be just right for another weekend by the lake. 

Here are a few of my other favorite romper styles from the Rage: Stripes // Beach // Florals #2






Romper: The Rage | Shoes: Just Fab (similar) | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (love it in hot pink too!
Sunnies: Swap w/Mom (similar) | Watch: T+J Designs (similar) | Ring: Swap w/Lisa | Necklace: H&M

How does your body affect your shopping decisions? 
Do you search until you find the perfect style?

1 comment:

  1. Girls Rompers are the perfect choice for young fashion enthusiasts, combining style and practicality in one adorable and versatile outfit.

    ReplyDelete