Monday, September 21, 2015

Recipe: Eggplant Pizza

I have wanted to try eggplant pizza for as long as I can remember, so that's just what I did. To start, I looked all over the Internet for the perfect recipe. The thing is, not one recipe was the same! This honestly confused me so I did what anyone would do, I made up my own! Here's what I did.

 photo recipe_zpszh9qshkv.jpg

Ingredients:

2 organic eggplants
organic pizza sauce
toppings of choice (I used organic spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes)
shredded cheese of choice (you could also use cheese slices!)
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt
garlic powder

 photo organic_zpskmjxtyhz.jpg

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice and arrange eggplants on baking sheets (slices should be 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick). Brush olive oil on both side of eggplant and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Remove the baked eggplant from your oven, and turn the broiler on. Spread pizza sauce over each eggplant crust, followed by toppings of choice and cheese. Sprinkle garlic powder over top and put under broiler for 3-5 minutes. Make sure you check it often as the broiler will cook fast and you don't want to burn your cheese. Serve while hot.

 photo recipes_zpsdb603uxg.jpg  photo IMG_5036_zpst2zuexqu.jpg  photo eggplant_zpsqq10ldci.jpg  photo eggplant20pizza_zpswocqpz4d.jpg
In the end, they turned out super yummy! Next time I make it, I will probably take off the outer skin as I ended up not eating that. I have also read that some people like to put these between 2 slices of their favorite wheat toast. Sounds fun, right?
Is this a recipe you would try? Share your favorite eggplant recipe in the comments section! 

No comments:

Post a Comment