Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Best of 2015: Kaitlyn's Style

As (life) style bloggers, it's easy to feel the pressure to keep up with constant change in what's trendy and "on fleek" in the fashion world. What, you don't wear distressed boyfriend jeans with heels to the grocery store? Totally practical. Not to mention, Instagram plays a huge role in setting the bar for what's "in" right this second...Fedora's and perfectly un-perfect lob's may flood your feed, but what we must realize is, it's often personal, unique style that stands out and makes you feel most comfortable. Now that Lisa and I have been photographing our daily style for over 3 years, I am truly starting to realize how important it is to wear what you like, even if it doesn't always fit the mold. 

I have also started to apply this motto to other areas of my life...so many of us feel pressured to say "yes" to everything all the time, even if it's not in the best interest of ourselves – But with the help of yoga and practicing gratitude, I have started to prioritize and focus on my true feelings first. For example, my husband and I have decided to take a breather and skip our regular New Years Eve soiree plans, but instead, spend it at the lake house with the Family. “Are we lame for winding down” I questioned? NO. This is what we WANT...it's not about SHOULD. It's not hosting a rager or standing in line, only to pay cover…it's about some of my favorite people at my favorite place.

With all of that said, I'm ready to look forward but first, it's time for a year in review...
Here's a look back at some of my favorite outfits from 2015!

 JANUARY

FEBRUARY
source

MARCH
source

APRIL
source

MAY
JUNE
JULY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
source

DECEMBER
source

You can see my previous year in rewind moments here: 2012 | 2013 | 2014

If you could describe your 2015 style in one word, what would it be? I'll go with "confident."

No comments:

Post a Comment