Friday, February 26, 2016

Recipe: Vegetable Stir-Fry with Sesame, Cucumber, & Egg

I'm at it again, trying new recipes that might find themselves in rotation over at my house. My latest attempt, vegetable stir-fry. I found this recipe in a Nature's Promise magazine, but I altered it to fit my families dietary needs. It was a super success! If I do make it again though, I might add more eggs. One egg per person for dinner seemed to be not enough to fill everyone up for the rest of the night, but it was darn good! 


Here is what you will need to make the gluten-free version of Vegetable Stir-Fry with Sesame, Cucumber, and Egg:

Ingredients:

3 tbsp olive oil
1 bag frozen stir-fry veggies (I used Broccoli stir-fry)
3 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
4 eggs, beaten
minute rice
1 organic cucumber
2 tbsp sesame seeds


Directions:

1) Heat 2 tbsp oil in large skillet and add frozen veggies, 1/2 cup water and soy sauce. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in another skillet and cook eggs. Cook rice according to package directions. 

2) While veggies and eggs cook, halve the cucumber lengthwise and cut into slices. When vegetables are ready, turn heat to high, add cucumber slices and stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer eggs to a cutting board and cut into thin strips. (I did not cut the egg, my son wanted his scrambled) ;) 

3) Divide the rice among four bowls and spoon the vegetables over. Top each bowl with egg slices and sprinkle with sesame seeds. 



What is your favorite stir-fry? Is this a recipe you would try?

No comments:

Post a Comment