Monday, February 8, 2016

Saturday at the Shore

You know when you take a drive up north for breakfast then suddenly come across to a gorgeous beach that backs up to Lake Michigan? Okay, right, this isn't an everyday occurrence, especially in February, but it made for a truly amazing Saturday. During our last visit to Winnetka, my Mom and I stumbled upon a charming, tiny cafe (and when I say tiny, I mean 10 tables with a chalkboard menu) where we enjoyed pancakes and coffee. 

We loved it so much that we made a date to go back but this time, we explored a bit more and found public access to the lake. Gorgeous houses back up to this beautiful blue view and I think, how cool that you don't even have to live in the city to take advantage of a scene like this in your backyard. We were the only people there, so we just relished the silence, sound of the waves and even the cold which felt unusually refreshing. We walked on the sand but at the same time, noticed the icicles still forming on the driftwood along the shore. It was a very cool experience to be there in the winter...made us remember how exciting it is that Spring is yet to come. And all along, I couldn't stop imagining this scene/song from Across the Universe...The whole experience felt very cinematic. 

Side note, I am loving this pom pom pouch - I picked it up from a boutique during a sidewalk sale in our downtown. I also purchased a pair of texting gloves that day, not knowing they were from the same brand. Think I found a new love! This pouch will be so much fun to style in the Summer...I look forward to wearing it with white dresses, sandals (and a tan!)


P.S. Hubby, what are your thoughts about moving to the north shore? I promise I'll quit shopping to make it possible ;) Bonus - We can join the north shore mathletes!

Wearing: 

Sweater: Old Navy (old, similar here)
Pants: Old Navy
Boots: Choies
Beanie: Purchased in Ireland (similar)
Clutch: Verloop (love this design too!)
Sunnies: Rayban via DITTO (get your first pair free by using code SISTERSMARIE)


No comments:

Post a Comment