Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Swayed by Suede


 Lately, I have been more willing to take risks when it comes to my style, allowing myself to step out of the so-called comfort zone. There are certain things that give you a different kind of confidence... For example, I am in the process of growing my hair long again and I have been going with more natural styles, letting it air dry or sleeping with braids in and then just touching up the waves the next day. With that, I have noticed this semi-unpolished look also affects the way I dress, as I have been leaning more towards bohemian-inspired trends such as fringe, flowy tops, wool hats and tunics/dresses with jeans. I’ve also started incorporating suede, like this fun fit & flare dress from guess where? Is it possible to EVER go in there and not leave with something new for your closet? Sigh. 



 It feels good to switch it up…almost like you’re playing dress up, but in the process, you realize you had part of that persona in you all along. I like to think there’s a bit of Clare Bowen (before haircut) in me. Each time I've seen her perform live, she was barefoot, wearing a gorgeous Free People frock, topped off with a flower crown and long blond curls to her waist. A real-life kind of adult fairy (or unicorn showered in glitter dust, says Lisa). Her style is whimsical and effortless, both of which I admire and served as my inspiration for this walk through the woods ;)








Wearing:

Dress: Target
Jacket: J. Crew
Bag: c/o E Street Denim
Shoes: Old Navy
Headband: Pink Pewter (similar)
Lip color: Glominerals "Crush"


No comments:

Post a Comment