Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tone it Up for Summer


"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." I know this to be true because it has become my mantra as of late. I have always been a fitness fanatic with running as my constant and yoga as a new but permanent addition. In between both of these work outs, I have fallen in love with walking wherever and whenever I can. Every year once the warmer weather returns, my co-workers and I utilize our lunch breaks for walks near the office, not only to break up the monotonous act of sitting for hours but to get in our steps. To up our game, my girlfriend and I are partaking in the Tone it Up challenge to walk 150 miles by Summer. The challenge is a part of the TIU "Bikini Series", aka 8 weeks of meal plans, workouts and motivation to prep for Summer. K&K are adorable so not only do you want to join them for their workouts but become best friends ;)

Want to join me on the walking challenge? You can print your own chart here - it's a great way to stay motivated and keep track of your progress.


As you guys know, the Geneva Lake path is my favorite place to accumulate steps - Not only is it a great workout because the path constantly changes but it's the ultimate stress reliever. With unbeatable scenery (both the lake and luxury homes lining the path), it makes for an intimate interaction with the outdoors that I can't get enough of. If I lived here full time, I would be out there every morning with my pup...I just can't imagine a better way to start my day.





How are you toning up for Summer? Hope you'll join me in the walking challenge!

Wearing:

Top: E Street Denim (similar here)
Pants: c/o MPG Sport
Long sleeve top: c/o MPG Sport
Sunnies: Prada via DITTO - Get your first month free with code "SISTERSMARIE"
Hat: Pier 290 (always representing!)
Shoes: Nike (similar here, love these!)

Fitz's harness: Ruffwear - I am including this link because we love it! We have tried other brands but this is super comfortable on him yet gives us the security we need when walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment