Monday, September 12, 2016

Rug Transformations

Kaitlyn:

As a homeowner with wood floors in every room, a few cozy area rugs were some of my very first purchases. I love the fact that we don't have any carpeting but on the other hand, I still want to provide some cushioning, comfort and warmth in our most lived-in spaces. Not to mention, it's the ultimate way to change up a room's personality without redoing everything about the space. Area rugs provide an artistic value to a room's design and can serve as the "frame" for the room.


As usual, I'm mixing things up at home now that a new season is upon us. I love trying out new area rug prints & patterns like I love buying new sweaters. Though I wish this obsession was a bit cheaper, my latest rug addition is 5x8 in size and under $100. Ladies, does this EVER happen in rug world?



Lisa:
I recently moved into a new home and my life has been busy unpacking and trying to fill our new, much larger space up. With four more rooms/areas then our last home, we had our work cut out for us when it came to decor and adding new pieces. We have a budget to stick to, so updating everything in every room is totally not an option. A simple fix is adding a great rug (that won't break the bank) to change the look and feel of a room. 

I ended up choosing this great rug with a faded pattern in the same neutral tones as my house. My favorite part is that the family room is just one of the three places I have had it so far in my house. It literally goes everywhere and I can see myself mixing it up in my home though the seasons!  



Where do you rug shop? 

You need to check out Rug Expedition, they really do have something at every price point! 

No comments:

Post a Comment