Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Baked Oatmeal for Breakfast


Breakfast is my favorite meal, especially on the weekends when it can be less rushed and actually turns into brunch. I love going out for eggs and coffee or indulging in waffles on a Sunday morning...but on weekdays, breakfast is more of a requirement, less of a fun activity. I'm often grabbing something on my way out the door or if I'm lucky, sipping on a smoothie which sometimes has me feeling hungry an hour later. 

That's why this baked oatmeal recipe is so perfect...you can bake a big batch ahead of time, slice it up and put it in the fridge, giving you an easy (and deliciously filling) breakfast to help you make it through the morning. My Mom first made the recipe last year and I became obsessed...she warmed it up and then topped it with cold greek yogurt and berries and it was love at first taste. 

To make your own...

You will need:

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries



Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.







Do you have an easy breakfast recipe? 
I'd love to hear! Please share in the comments :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment