Monday, January 2, 2017

Recipe: Cannoli Dip

I am such a sucker for cannoli anything. They are the one dessert that if I see it on the menu, I have to have it (even if I'm not hungry, I'll take it to go)! I was recently at Marianos and they were passing out samples and recipes for cannoli dip. I bought all the ingredients and quickly realized that they did not add the amount of ricotta cheese needed in said recipe print out. So, I did what any rational person would do...hello Google search. Allrecipes had a cannoli dip recipe that was similar, but did not have lemon juice. So, I basically combined the two recipes and created my own. I have to say, this one is a must try! Here is what you'll need:

Ingredients:

-2 cups ricotta cheese
-8 oz. cream cheese
-1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (sifted)
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 cup miniature chocolate chips (plus a few extra for the top of your dip)
-1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

 photo recipe-6_zpsiilpfaip.jpg

Directions:

-Beat ricotta cheese and cream cheese together in a bowl until smooth; add sugar and vanilla. Continue to stir mixture until sugar is completely incorporated. Fold chocolate chips through the cheese mixture.
  1. -Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 10 minutes.
 photo recipe-8_zpsqfvdnozn.jpg  photo recipe-7_zpsj62i66su.jpg
You could buy waffle cones too, but I choose to use both sugar and gluten free cones. I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong either way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment