Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring Awakening | LOFT Maternity Dress


"Spring is the Meryl Streep of seasons: You never know from day to day exactly what it's going to look like, act like or sound like. But Spring is at its best when it's performing in its traditional role of "rebirth." (source)

 Isn't that the truth? Here in the Midwest, it feels like we have been waiting for a reemergence of sunshine and flowers for so long and this weekend provided us with a wonderful taste. The whole weekend was outdoor-worthy and we didn't waste a second of it. We took the pup for a Saturday morning stroll in our downtown and EVERYBODY was out...I mean, everyone and you could almost feel the collective sighs of relief among those we passed on the street. Perhaps the weather Gods heard my complaints and decided it was time for a break...(Thank you!)


I also attended a fun baby shower for one of my favorite ladies who is due just a few weeks before me, giving me the perfect chance to break out a floral dress I've been saving. This was one of the first moments I put on a maternity dress and felt REALLY pregnant. The high elastic waist definitely emphasizes the baby bump but it's also super feminine and very comfortable, making it a nice transition into the season for a soon-to-be Mom. 

Even though I'm already 6 months along and growing at a great pace, I'm still getting used to this new body and the adjustments that come along with it. Its a very weird feeling to have no control over what's happening to you but on the other hand, it amazes me that my body has this incredible ability. One thing's for sure, I look forward to being able to spend more time in dresses instead of jeans over the next few months...baby boy and I decided we like the freedom, not being confined by a belly band. I'm thinking tank dresses & my favorite jean jacket will be a staple uniform in the coming weeks...

SHOP THE LOOK:







Happy Spring to you!

Wearing:

Dress: LOFT Maternity (on sale!)
Jacket: J. Crew
Bag: Target
Sunnies: Old Navy
Shoes: Dolce Vita via Target 
Lips: Glo Minerals - Crimson
Earrings: c/o Park Lane Jewelry - similar

No comments:

Post a Comment