Thursday, January 31, 2013

Peaked My Pinterest: Oatmeal Singles

I have been on a strong oatmeal kick lately because I love having something warm on cold mornings and there are so many variations which keeps it interesting: baked, instant, with fruit, with honey, shake form, and so on. 

Quaker's oatmeal cups are my typical go-to, but I recently whipped up "oatmeal singles" from scratch thanks to a recipe found on Pinterest. They're the perfect grab & go breakfast and only 132 calories for one :)


You need:

3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
1 egg
1 1/4 cup skim milk
3/4 cup mashed bananas
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


These definitely passed the taste test of everyone in my fam! 
Do you have any great oatmeal recipes?

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I saw you on LC forum so I came to see your blog, let me tell you that you´ve done a great job with it, please come visit and if you like it it would be great if we could follow each other there on LC, here on GFC or socials, what do you think? To support each other… let me know ok!
    Kisses
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks good! we normally make oatmeal cookies, but these would be a great alternative. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe tastes delicious and freezes well too. One of our new favorites! You must try!

    ReplyDelete