Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Because It Was Memorial Day

I look forward to Memorial Day every year because I consider it to be the official start of summer and the first warm weather weekend at the lakehouse. However, the midwest weather decided  to flare its temper, leaving us with 50 degrees and a big lack of sunshine.

Even though we were in sweaters and jeans, we made the best of it by filling pitchers with seabreezes and staying up late telling stories. 

Here is what I wore:

Top: Old Navy (on sale!), Jeans: Vigoss (Nordstrom)(similar), Sandals: Target, Sunglasses: Old Navy (similar!), Watch: Kenneth Cole, Bracelets: Francesca's and misc. 

And I couldn't help sharing one of our tastiest treats from the weekend, courtesy of Lakehouse Lyn. I've seen this idea on Pinterest many times so I was glad my Mom actually took the time to make it. 

Perfect dessert for 4th of July too, right? You can't go wrong with mounds of cool whip ;)

#Kaitlyn

4 comments: