Friday, May 24, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Frame


I looked at so many of these on Etsy and thought why would I buy one when I could easily make it myself? I am going to be using my chalkboard for the donut station at my wedding. Really, are there any better favors than mini bites of heaven? I'm so excited.
As you can see, I also tested out a blue chalkboard paint from a bottle by Martha Stewart - The color is gorgeous, but it was a little harder to spread without getting any bubbles or bumps. The spray paint is the best way to produce even results:

VoilĂ ! I will definitely re-purpose this once the wedding is over and display it in our house.
Will you be trying this DIY?

#Kaitlyn

4 comments:

  1. great idea and easy to do as well =)

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ps. I'm having a giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love new chalkboard ideas and this is a great one. You can use it in so many ways and the result is beautiful. I will be trying this myself too. What a beautiful menu board it would make.

    ReplyDelete