Friday, December 20, 2013

Dressing to Impress

With the two most decadent holiday's right around the corner, we have opulence and luxury on the mind. Whether it's a fashion blogger event or New Years Eve, a beautiful dress is a necessity and like any woman looking for a dress, it should be one that nobody else owns.

So, we decided to take a trip over the river, through the woods (and over the pond) to 1dress. This UK based site has a wide range of dresses for any special occasion including weddings, prom, cocktail, evening, or just a memorable date night with Mr. Right ;) 

For my prom night (in 2005), the larger than life, long poofy style dress was popular so I wore a black and pink tulle dress. I had never seen a similar style and I liked that it was mostly black with just a pop of color as opposed to many of the bubblegum and pastel colors that were trendy then. It made me feel like a princess and was a perfect choice for the time. 
However, if I was going to prom today, I would definitely choose a more A-line style such as the gorgeous fitted pink mermaid dress below. I'm glad that I got to wear the ball gown style for prom because I chose a very fitted dress for my wedding so that way, all style dreams were fulfilled :)

A unique service from the 1dress is the opportunity to make your dream dress fit you perfectly, as they have an option of custom made! Aren't us ladies always on the hunt for a dress that feels like it was made for us? Even with alterations, sometimes you still can't achieve that "fits like a glove" feeling so this is a great alternative. 










































Prom) This is one of my favorite dresses on the site - Not only am I a huge fan of this color (shout out to my J. Crew bridesmaid dresses!) but the sequin detailing and chiffon bottom are a beautiful combination

Evening) I love the shape of this dress - because I am tall with a long torso, this is a flattering fit on my frame. This is perfect for an outdoor black tie affair but also works well for prom

Wedding) This dress caught my eye immediately, probably because it's a very similar look to my wedding dress which of course, is very close to my heart. When I was shopping for "the dress," I had an image in my mind but I ended up going with a style that I never even imagined taking off the hanger. It was a lace a-line gown with a keyhole back and a sequin bust line...very romantic and vintage, just like this beauty. The belt on this dress provides great shape for any body type and the scalloped edges are the perfect detail.

LBD) Every girl should have a staple black dress in their closet and this shift dress is great because it can be worn casually with flats or dressed up with heels. You can belt it for added definition to your waist and the lace sleeves give it an extra feminine touch so I think it would look really cute with a top knot and red lip.

Which dress is your favorite? Where do you shop for special occasion's?

1 comment:

  1. I still love looking at prom dresses even though I graduated in 2005. And yes, I wore a black, corset, mermaid-style dress while my best friend wore a dress that looked like a cupcake! - J

    ReplyDelete