Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Stay Cool(ibar)

As an Irish girl with blue eyes, blonde hair and fair skin dotted with freckles, I am becoming much more sun-conscious as I get older. I spent MANY years laying out in the sun sans sunscreen, slathered in Banana Boat tanning oil (don't lie, you loved it too and it smelled AMAZING). That said, I realize how naive I was thinking that I was invincible at 21 and leaning on the mindset, "it can't happen to me." 

As I started to wisen up, I understood that it is still possible to get color, stay safe and look stylish all at once. Enter Coolibar: The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends that clothing should be the first line of defense in the fight against skin cancer and aging so every Coolibar item is guaranteed to be UPF 50+. 

Dress: ℅ Coolibar // Sunnies: Old Navy

The fabrics block 98% UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays and the protection won’t wash out or fade. Highly breathable, moisture wicking SUNTECT® fabrics provide coverage that shades your skin and keeps you cooler and even better, Coolibar is less expensive than multiple sunscreen applications throughout a season.

 Sunscreen coverage can be unpredictable, uneven and greasy (Just ask to see the massive streak of red that has taken residence on my legs) but luckily, sun protective clothing provides consistent, reliable coverage no matter what. 

I love the print and coral color of the dress and it's SO comfortable - it works great as a cover up but could also be worn on a weekend day date with sandals and the perfect pair of sunnies. No need to carry around SPF in your bag…your dress has you covered ;)





We also had so much fun with Flash Tattoos this weekend -- This gold chevron print is way better than any permanent ink that I might regret at 60 ;)


Have you ever tried sun protective clothing? 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am going to check Coolibar out right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that print and color! I have become the same way about being in the sun! What a great item!

    xx,
    La Joie de Vivre by Alecia Mariana
    Facebook//Twitter//Instagram // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete