Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Make a Statement with Sparkle

Top: Express | Necklace: House of Gemmes

So much of my every day outfit selections are based on accessorizing. I feel naked if I leave the house without (at a minimum) my stud earrings and one other piece of jewelry, typically a statement necklace. Over the years, I have accumulated quite a large collection in order to complete any outfit...oh, and because I'm like a kid in a sparkly candy store when surrounded by jewels. 

With the holidays right around the corner, I wanted to share a few of my favorite wardrobe and necklace pairings that are perfect for any occasion.


Top: Forever 21 (similar) | Necklace: T+J Designs (similar)

I am as they say "mad for plaid," especially this season because it's everywhere and I LOVE to see it dressed up. As mentioned many times, I gravitate towards fashion that mixes feminine and masculine pieces so this lumberjack gone black tie affair look is my ultimate mix.


Blazer: Piperlime (similar) | Necklace: Forever 21 (similar)

Much like my anchor print collection, the amount of leopard print items in my closet is getting slightly out of the control and this blazer is queen of them all. The leather lapel detail gives it an extra edge so I like pairing it with an equally gritty piece of jewelry. With flared denim and a heeled bootie, this look exudes confidence.


Dress: LOFT (similar) | Necklace: T+J Designs (on sale!)

There are statement necklaces and then are STATEMENT necklaces and this is my go-to. I knew we would be a perfect match from the first time I laid eyes on the gold and lucite design. This piece always makes any outfit feel more special whether it's a basic white blouse or a festive red dress and I (don't) apologize for being a repeat offender because isn't going out of style any time soon ;)


Jacket: Buffalo Jeans (similar) | T: House of Gemmes | Necklace: LOFT (similar)

If I was asked to describe my favorite outfit, I would likely mention the graphic T and leather jacket combo. I am by definition a jeans and T girl but I do enjoy spicing things up with a unique accessory. I think the pink in the necklace compliments the red jacket nicely and makes an otherwise edgy outfit feel a little more girly. 


Shirt: H&M (similar) | Necklace: T+J Designs

Oh chambray, how I love you so. In my mind, it's one of the most versatile pieces you can own - pair it with a pencil skirt, leather skirt, opposite wash jeans (hello Canadian tuxedo!), printed pants, shorts, layered with a knit or flannel, and the list goes on. I like the blue on blue pairing here and love when the statement necklace fits perfectly under the collar, making for the perfect peek of sparkle.

How do you make a statement with your jewelry? 

What is your favorite of these combinations?

1 comment:

  1. Great combinations for all occasions! House of Gemmes and Party Time are my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete