Monday, March 16, 2015

A Touch of Irish

One of our favorite traditions is our annual family St. Patricks Day get together. With surnames like Fergus and McSweeney, it's no surprise that we look forward to wearing our green and gold ;) 

Our fam always put on a great spread filled with what have become staples on this day: Corn beef sandwiches, shoestring potato chips, potato salad, macaroni salad, Green River, Harps lager and a whole slew of themed desserts. It may not be the most traditional Irish meal but it's definitely inspired by the holiday and has something for everyone.

This year, I whipped up a few desserts to share (shocking, I know. One of these days I will actually cook something to bring). All I knew was, I wanted to base a dessert around this: 


These guys keep rolling out pb flavors with one better than the last and I am sucker for anything that combines salty and sweet. I continued with that theme and went with home made peanut butter pretzels...SO easy, festive & delicious.


(flowers via Bloompop)





Yet, I wasn't satisfied with just 1 recipe using this peanut butter so next, I made healthy peanut butter cups (yes, it's possible!) by following the recipe from Whole Yum.

Using coconut oil, honey and coco power, these are a healthier version of everybody's favorite treat. These may not be green but they sure taste like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ;)




And last but not least, the next best thing after desserts...photo props.


Happy St. Pats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment