Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Lovely Spring we are Having this Summer...

 photo IMG_3762_zpsbeqkz0ir.jpg  photo IMG_3759_zps3whnw8zk.jpg

Last week, I took my kids to see the new Disney movie, Inside Out. It was in the upper 60's and it was lunchtime! It's the middle of July here in Chicago, and it was in the upper 60's. This is not OK with me. I mean, I don't mind wearing layers, but I feel a bit gypped or I feel like my kids are as far as summer is concerned! But I digress...

When dealing with spring weather in the summer months, layers (as always) are key.

 photo IMG_3765_zpsohdkebod.jpg  photo IMG_3767_zpsmsim1ujg.jpg

My go-to uniform this summer has been jumpsuits (OK, yes they are my go-to every summer). The last time I styled this beauty there was no need for layers, so it was fun to mix the styling up a bit.

Without much time to get ready, I went out with straight hair and minimal makeup. I added delicate gold jewelry, nude peep-toe wedges, a faux leather crop jacket, and a brown bag. The styling is super simple yet still looks put together and in the end, that's all I was going for.

 photo IMG_3782_zps95zkbvah.jpg  photo IMG_3776_zpszfzfq86q.jpg

This outfit was perfect for a lunch movie date followed by some mall walking and a bit of shopping. I was super comfortable and was so glad I had the jacket when I got cold in the theater.

I know we all like to poke fun at Forever 21, but I stopped in there this past week and was blown away! They really upped their game (new buyers maybe?) and with items like this jumpsuit in my current wardrobe, I will continue to pop in there and shop for great basics and rare finds!

 photo IMG_3778_zpsasaggemz.jpg
Jumpsuit: Forever 21 (similar) (similar) // Jacket: Express // Shoes: JustFab // Watch: Wooden Watches by Jord // Rings: Guess // Necklace: Street Fair in Chicago

How has your local weather been this summer?

Have you popped into Forever 21 lately? What do you think of their current inventory? 

No comments:

Post a Comment